Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Clontarf Road Flood Defences

ROLLING UPDATES: Clontarf Road Flood Defences


I am writing to update you on my activities in relation to the proposed construction of the Clontarf Road flood defences.

I have submitted a request to the Office of the Ceann Comhairle to raise this matter on the floor of the House today. This is the most effective way of raising the matter as it guarantees a ministerial response. Unfortunately, the Ceann Comhairle's office has decided not to select my topic for discussion.

However, I wish to assure you that I will be applying to discuss this matter again on Wednesday, 12th October. In addition, I plan to meet with the Minister for Housing and Planning Willie Penrose TD to discuss this matter this afternoon.

Moreover, myself and Cllr. Jane Horgan-Jones will attend the Dublin City Council area committee meeting tomorrow and we plan on highlighting the concerns of residents at this meeting.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further with me then please don't hesitate to give me a call.